ACTING FOR STAGE AND TV PROGRAM
ADS has been teaching acting classes in Melbourne’s northern suburbs for over a decade. This experience has allowed us to create a student centred program which sees children learn new skills, build confidence in public speaking and presenting, unlock their creativity and have loads of FUN! Offering after school acting classes (including weekends) across a range of suburbs including Rosanna, Eltham, Greensborough and Doncaster, ADS prides itself on delivering top quality theatrical experiences where EVERY student gets a go!
In our Acting for Stage and TV program, students get a taste of what life is like both in the spotlight and in front of the camera! Whether you’re interested in performing in a theatre or believe you are the next YouTube sensation, Acting for Stage and TV has something for YOU!
Acting classes for kids include:
- Solid foundation of acting basics including voice, physical movement and improvisation
- Strong focus on developing confident presentation skills (eg. Public speaking, vocal quality and clarity)
- Whole class, small group and individual performance pieces to develop interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Script and scene work from favourite TV shows and formats including commercials, news bulletins, chat shows, soap operas etc.
- Interactive and fast paced classes including games, theatre sports, costumes, props and loads of FUN!
- Performance opportunities (Mid Year Showcase, Holiday Programs, End of Year Play)
Acting classes for teens include:
- Curriculum based on current research in Drama, Teaching and Learning
- Handpicked material to engage Youth actors from a wide range of popular stage and screen sources
- Whole class, small group and individual performance pieces to develop interpersonal and group work skills
- Strong focus on script writing, filming & performing original work
- Strong focus on vocal technique, physicality, presentation skills & improvisational comedy
- Scene Study and script work
- Performance opportunities (Mid Year Showcase, Holiday Programs, Camp Workshops, End of Year Play)
FAQs ABOUT ACTING FOR STAGE AND TV
My child is very shy & often struggles with new people. How will they go in your classes?
At ADS we believe in providing a safe, inclusive and positive learning environment for ALL students. Our compassionate and professional teachers are well trained in catering to a wide range of learners, including those students who may be shy or experience confidence issues. At ADS we believe that drama and performing is an amazing way to develop self esteem and social skills, particularly in students who may find it hard to fit in with their peers. By celebrating what makes us unique, ADS aims to help each student realise the amazing potential they possess.
My child has no experience in acting. Are they able to enrol?
Of course! Here at ADS we aim to provide opportunities to students of all ages and abilities. Whether you are brand new or a seasoned professional, we can cater to your learning needs.
My child is only interested in film and tv acting. Is this the right class for them?
Only interested in the silver screen? Never fear! Check out our Acting for Screen and Film Production program for those interested in all things movie magic!
What is the difference between Acting for Stage and TV and Acting for Screen and Film Production?
Acting for Stage and TV sees students learning both theatrical and screen basics. We recommend this program for people new to acting, as well as those who are interested in live performance opportunities as well as acting on camera. Acting for Screen and Film Production solely focuses on acting for the camera and gives students behind the scenes insight into how a movie is made. You can learn more about that program here.
What qualifications do your Acting for Stage and TV teachers have?
From accomplished stage and screen actors, to sought after directors and script writers ADS is lucky to have some of Melbourne’s finest teachers in our Acting for Stage and TV program. Drawing on a wealth of knowledge and professional experience, you can read all about our fabulous teachers here.
My child wants to work professionally as an actor. Is this the right program for them?
We think so! Here at ADS we believe that all actors need a strong skill base before taking on Hollywood! Our Acting for Stage and TV program allows students to develop and explore in a safe environment as they build performance and social skills they can use to take on the world!
My child is interested in classes but is nervous. Is there a chance to try before you buy?
YES! We know that trying something new can be daunting (not to mention an expensive commitment for Mum and Dad). Our Free Trial Lessons allows students to ‘try before you buy’ so you can be assured we are the right fit before making a financial commitment.
I have had bad experiences at performing arts schools before. What makes you different?
Unlike other schools, ADS does not operate on a hierarchy system meaning that all students are treated equally and provided with the same learning and performance opportunities. We aim to build our students up by providing positive reinforcement and constructive feedback. ADS has a strict No Bullying Policy and any students who do not reflect our value system will be asked to leave.
- Act Dance Sing Materials
- ACT, DANCE, SING CLASSES
- ACTING FOR SCREEN & FILM PRODUCTION
- Acting for Stage and TV
- ADULT ACTING CLASSES
- Advanced Acting Program
- Class Timetable
- Contact Us
- Free Trial Class
- Meet Our Staff
- Online Learning Timetable
- Privacy Statement
- Private & Small Group Coaching
- Services for Schools
ADS HQ @ Rosanna
40-42 Beetham Parade
Rosanna VIC 3084
Ph: 0497 952 722
Monday- Friday 9am-3pm