Created for students who showed exceptional talent & commitment, the Advanced Acting Program takes an Industry focused approach to curriculum. Ideal for students who want to pursue a career in Performing Arts or crave a more in depth & theoretical approach to acting, this program is for students who are committed to developing their craft and working hard in a professional setting.
Taught exclusively by professional actress Jaclyn DeVincentis, director Amy Bryans & playwright Stephanie Clark, the Advanced Acting Program aims to empower and enlighten students as to the realities of working professionally both in Australia and abroad. With class sizes capped, the Advanced Acting Program allows each student one on one time with their teacher, ensuring a student centred approach to all learning. Through constructive critical feedback, peer evaluation & self reflection, students gain an invaluable insight into the collaborative nature of the entertainment industry.
Curriculum focus includes:
- In depth scene study & script analysis
- Theatre fundamentals including professional voice work, physicality & stagecraft
- Characterisation, role play, improvisation
- Drama methodology & theorists
- Screen acting skills & camera technique
- Audition preparation & technique (including choosing appropriate material, etiquette, screen tests, mock panel etc)
- Industry Introduction (getting an agent, securing auditions, personal marketing & branding, casting etc)
Please note admission into the Advanced Acting Program is subject to students having previous experience/prior learning. We offer Advanced classes for Young Youth (10-13), Senior Youth (14-16) & Young Adult (16-18). If you are unsure as to whether the Advanced Program will be suitable for you, please contact ADS HQ on (03) 9090-7715 to consult with a Senior Teacher.